Looking for an easy chocolatey Halloween dessert that's perfect for the whole family? You MUST make these Chocolate Creamsicle Bars then! This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias
If you're in need of a tasty treat for your Halloween party, I have got something amazing for you today! Seriously. We made these over the weekend and I have no shame in saying that they're over half gone already. And I'm fairly certain that we'll be making more for Halloween.
It's pretty rare for Nathan and I to find a dessert we both love as much as the other one does. We both have a sweet tooth, but it's just not the same kind of sweet tooth. He's a chocolate guy while I'm a sweet and salty gal. But this dessert? Despite it's chocolateyness that comes from the chocolate cake mix and the OREOs? Pure sweet bliss.
I'm pretty sure it's because of the whipped Fanta frosting that I love it so much though.
It combines to make this sweet light creamsicle fluff on top of brownie like cake and then it's topped with the best cookies on Earth. And oh my yum! Match made in dessert heaven. And the fact that it's ridiculously easy? Even better! Because, like I said, we'll be making more for Halloween. And probably for Thanksgiving with turkey sprinkles instead of orange ones. And for Christmas with red and green sprinkles. And every other month after that with whatever color sprinkles we have in our pantry.
It is that good, I swear.
- 1 Package of Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Butter 1 Stick, Melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 Package of Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1/2 Cup Skim Milk
- 1 Tub of Whipped Topping
- 1/2 Cup of Fanta
- 7 OREOs Crushed
- Sprinkles Optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter, and egg until smooth.
- Lightly coat a 13x9" pan with cooking spray and spread the mixture in it evenly.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix together the pudding mix, milk, whipped topping, and Fanta with a hand mixer or KitchenAid. Once mixed, whip for 2-3 extra minutes to make it more of a whipped frosting.
- Once the bars have cooled, spread the topping over the bars.
- Sprinkle the crushed OREOs on top along with the sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
If I haven't convinced you to make these yet, I don't know what will. I almost had this – just this – for lunch one day. So really, you should be convinced. And you should head over to Walmart + grab your ingredients:
Now let's say you do head to Walmart like the smart person you are and you're thinking that even though this dessert is seriously the best dessert ever, you want other delicious delicacies to make with Fanta and OREO products. You're in luck! Evette Rios, host of the CBS show Recipe Rehab is creating custom, Walmart-exclusive recipes that combines both Fanta and OREO products that are hosted exclusively on the #SpookySnacks social hub.
Plus those delicious OREOs that I used? The packages glow-in-the-dark! Making them the perfect snack for trick-or-treaters :)