If you’re still using the Clorox Wipes in your household, now is the time to switch to these reusable disinfecting wipes! Not only will they save you money, but they aren’t full of unnecessary chemicals and are much more eco-friendly. Plus, you probably already have all the ingredients at home!
Clorox Wipes used to be a staple in our household. If we were cleaning, they were out. Didn’t matter what room or what object. But when we started becoming more self-sufficient, I knew there was no way that these would continue to hold a spot in our cleaning cabinet. Especially not with how many chemicals they had and how expensive they were. So we stopped using them and switched to my favorite spray cleaner. However, I still found myself missing the ease of the wipes for certain projects so I set out to make my own. And today, I’m super excited to share how easy they are with you!
- 2 Old T-Shirts I used two women's medium shirts
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dish Soap
- Airtight Container I used a Glad Tupperware container
- Lemon or Tea Tree Essential Oil Optional
- Cut the t-shirts into washcloth sizes (or any size that you'd like for cleaning)
- In the container, mix the three ingredients (water, vinegar, and dish soap) and stir.
- Add in the essential oil (optional) and mix thoroughly.
- Set the wipes in the container and, if need be, press until the mixture soaks up into all of them.
- Seal the container and pull a wipe out whenever you need it.
- Once used, toss in the washer and wash then dry as usual and repeat the process.
As for the container, it just needs to seal so the wipes retain the moisture.
You may need to increase or decrease the amount of the mixture you use in the container depending on the size and amount of shirts used. The rags should soak up the entire mixture and be completely damp.
If your wipes start to feel dry overtime, add more of the mixture into the container.
Use Tea Tree or Lemon Essential Oils for added disinfecting properties.
With how easy and inexpensive these reusable disinfecting wipes are, I can’t imagine going back to the store-bought wipes now. And I know this isn’t anything fancy, but for me – cleaning just needs to be easy. Anything that can help make it easier is a total win. If you make these on your own, I’d love to see how yours turns out!