This page may contain affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission from your purchases, at no additional cost to you. For my full disclosure policy, click here, or learn how to start your own blog!
It’s one of my favorite times of the year! Pumpkin everything season is upon us! This year, I’m looking for better ways to indulge in my pumpkin fix since I’m taking on a healthier lifestyle and a much more balanced diet. While I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin fudge, and all of those other decadent pumpkin treats (I could go on and on!), I’ve started to really take care to note of the ingredients that I use in my meals.
I love a good pumpkin spice latte, but I’ve nixed the dairy, caffeine, sugar, and – well, all the fun stuff – in order to reset my metabolism. What’s a girl to do when she’s missing out on her first taste of Fall in pumpkin spice form? I made a list of all the things I can have. From there, I created a bite-size snack full of pumpkin spice flavor so I won’t miss out!
As I wrote out my list of ingredients I could use, I decided that pumpkin energy bites would be an awesome treat to give me a boost during the day. These energy bites are made with simple ingredients so even though they taste like a sweet, pumpkin treat, they’re actually good for you!
They’re packed with oats, pecans, and cinnamon spice, and take under 20 minutes to make, too! Simply spread the mix out onto a pan, bake, and cut into bite-size pieces. Allow them to cool completely or pop them into your mouth while they’re warm to the touch.
- 1/4 c . pumpkin puree
- 1 c . steel cut oats
- 1/2 c . chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp . liquid Stevia or other natural sweetener
- 1 tsp . pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Line a small, shallow baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans, and Stevia.
- Next, add pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, and egg white. Stir well to combine.
- Pour batter onto your baking sheet. Using a rubber spatula or your hands, spread batter into a square. Make batter the thickness of granola bars and smooth out edges.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Store energy bites in an airtight container or the fridge. Enjoy!
Add some dried cranberries to the mix to really embrace the flavors of Fall!
These pumpkin energy bites are great to pack in your bag if you’re on-the-go, need a mid-day work snack, or you’re hitting a trail or orchard this Fall. They’ll give you a natural boost to keep you going throughout your day!
I’d love to know: how do you get an energy boost during the day?