This is one of my favorite times of the year, specifically when it comes to kindness. November is all about giving for me and I am so excited to be doing this challenge this month.
Before we dive into the 30 acts of kindness for November, here's a review of how October went for me.
October Kindness Challenge Review
Goal: 10 acts of kindness | Actually achieved: 8 acts of kindness
My hope was to overachieve and get to 15, but instead, I didn't quite hit my goal. I definitely think I had the opportunity to meet my goal and then some, but that didn't happen. While I feel like I should be disappointed, I actively thought about being kind on a regular basis. I was much more intentional about it and felt like I was trying to be kind – not just accidentally or unintentionally being kind.
I'm scheduling this a few days in advance as we're going to Mexico (I should be on the beach right now!) so I'm hoping I can make up the rest of those on our trip.
30 Acts of Kindness : November Challenge
- Donate to a local food pantry
- Volunteer for a worthy cause
- Start a gratitude journal
- Shop handmade on Black Friday
- Make someone their favorite meal
- Donate a coat
- Compliment a cashier
- Give yourself a yes day
- Pay for someone's meal
- Thank a veteran
- Show your gratitude to a loved one
- Jot down 30 great things about yourself
- Give something to a homeless person
- Let someone else have the parking spot
- Donate to Toys for Tots
- Invite someone new over for a meal
- Make someone a handmade gift
- Email an old friend
- Donate to a local resue or animal shelter
- Thank you local police or firemen
- Thank your delivery drivers
- Leave unused coupons at the store
- Let someone checkout before you
- Bake something for a friend or loved one
- Return someone's cart for them
- Compliment a loved one
- Send flowers to someone
- Hold the door for someone
- Celebrate world kindness day (Nov 13)
- Leave kind notes in library books
* Note – some of these are the same as last month. While I would love to do 30 different acts of kindness each month, I feel like many are worth repeating and that's a lot of different acts of kindness. I also don't feel like the same act of kindness means any less the second time around :)
November Kindness Challenge Goal
Goal: 15 acts of kindness
I'm going to try and push myself a bit more this month so I'm aiming for 15. My plan is to do a few of these things in conjunction with another!
Here is what I'll be doing all month long:
- Using this list, my goal is to complete at least 15 of these acts during the month of November More is always better, but this is what I'm confident I can semi-easily complete.
- I'll be sharing them on the blog + on social media when I complete them, using the hashtag #HNKindness
If you want to join me, here is what you can do!
- Download the printable below
- Commit to however many acts you feel like you can complete.
- Share your completed acts and interact with the hashtag #HNKindness on social media or in the comments of this post.
I'd love to have you join me in this challenge. I feel like kindness is contagious and my hope is that I (or we!) can mindfully spread it around like glitter!
You might also like: