This page may contain affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission from your purchases, at no additional cost to you. For my full disclosure policy, click here, or learn how to start your own blog!
Over the weekend, I got to bake for the first time at our new house and I am even more in love with our new appliances! It’s amazing what difference a fully-functioning, evenly-heating oven can do in comparison to our 1970’s one at our rental. I was able to make Brownies with peanut butter cream cheese!
Also? I admit – I cheated a bit with the recipe. I used a box brownie mix, but that’s only because I cannot find a homemade recipe for normal brownies that I actually like even half as much as box mix brownies.
If you have a brownie recipe you love, please share – I’d love to try it out!
- Your Favorite Brownie Mix
- Your Favorite Brownie Mix Ingredients Ours needed water, canola oil and eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Walnuts
- 4 oz Cream Cheese Half a package/bar
- 2 Tbsp Butter softened
- 1/3 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter Smooth or Chunky works, but I recommend Chunky
- Make the brownies according to the package and add in the walnuts. Mix thoroughly. Bake for the time listed on the box and then let cool. While the brownies are baking and cooling, make the frosting.
- Combine the cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, vanilla extract, softened butter, and peanut butter together and beat until thoroughly mixed. Spread on brownies once they have cooled.
If you don't want to wait for your brownies to cool completely, soften the frosting once it's mixed together so it's easier to spread.
Store in the refrigerator to keep these brownies extra moist.