This page may contain affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission from your purchases, at no additional cost to you. For my full disclosure policy, click here, or learn how to start your own blog!
Slobbery kisses from your pup may be sweet, but dog breath definitely isn’t. Make these dog breath treats for sweeter licks!
I am so excited! In just a few weeks, my husband and I are bringing our Cairn Terrier puppy home! This is the first pet we’re getting
While Puppy Holoka has packaged treats all ready for him to come home to, I’ve come across a lot of recipes that I want to try, as well. A lot of the recipes I’ve come across on Pinterest include herbs and veggies we currently have growing in our garden. I like having nutritious, homemade options to keep our little guy happy and healthy. So I set out to make these dog breath treats.
[clickToTweet tweet=”You love your dog, but you don’t love their breath. Fix it with these homemade dog breath treats!” quote=”You love your dog, but you don’t love their breath. Fix it with these homemade dog breath treats!”]
Related Reading: Peanut Butter Almond Dog Biscuits
One of the things I’m looking forward to with Puppy H.’s arrival is all of the love and affection a dog brings to the house. And while doggie kisses are so sweet, dog breath isn’t.
Related Reading: Frozen Coconut Oil and Blueberry Dog Treats
But it’s easy to make it better with the beneficial ingredients like parsley and mint. Mint naturally sweetens breath while parsley is also a good bad breath buster, but also aids in good digestion. Coconut oil has many benefits for dogs, too. It’s great for their skin, coats, digestion, brain health, and more!
Since we have a ton of fresh parsley and mint from our garden, it’s even easier to make these dog breath treats!
Related Reading: Frozen Strawberry Cucumber Melon Dog Treats
[clickToTweet tweet=”Enjoy dog kisses again with these simple dog breath treats >>” quote=”Enjoy dog kisses again with these simple dog breath treats >>”]
Dog Breath Treats Recipe
- – 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- – 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- – 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- – 1 large egg or 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- – 1/4 cup of water
- – 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- In a blender pulse oats until they resemble flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk parsley, mint, egg (or applesauce), water, and oil to combine.
- Gradually add oats and stir.
- Knead dough a few times, then turn out onto a plastic cutting board.
- Using a rolling pin or your hands, flatten dough out to your desired thickness.
- Use a mini cookie cutter to cut bites out.
- Place treats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake treats 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow bites to cool completely before your treating your dog.
- Store bites in an airtight container.
I must admit that these treats smell pretty darn good! With all of the yummy ingredients in these dog breath treats, your furry family member will surely thank you with lots of sweet kisses!
Related Reading: Carob Peanut Butter Dog Treats
What would you add to these dog breath treats? What are your favorite types of homemade dog treats?
You might also like:
- Frozen Coconut Oil and Blueberry Dog Treats
- The Down and Really Dirty Truth of Owning a Dog
- Isle of Dogs: Natural Products for Man’s Best Friend
- DIY Grain-Free Dog Treat Ornaments
- Salt Dough Paw Print Ornaments DIY
- Five Reasons You Should Adopt a Senior Dog