This page may contain affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission from your purchases, at no additional cost to you. For my full disclosure policy, click here, or learn how to start your own blog!
It’s Thursday! Exciting, right? It means tomorrow is Friday and then it’s the weekend. I’m pretty sure I’ll be working and cleaning our house, but maybe I’ll get to sleep in. And maybe we’ll even head out to the local ski trails and go snowshoeing again.
But back to it being Thursday. Thursday also means a new Maker’s Mix-Up and GUYS! I am so excited about today’s post. And this eggplant parmesan with zucchini noodles recipe. This meal was ah-mazing. Like, eat it five times in a week amazing. Seriously.
And it’s (mostly) healthy. Which made me just want to eat it over, and over, and over, and over again. Swoon. Just looking at the pictures make me want to go back and remake the entire dish again. Because it’s so easy. And so good! Did I mention how amazing it was yet? I’m sure I did, but I don’t think I can convey just how good it is. Obviously that means you need to make it.
This week’s theme for the Maker’s Mix-Up: HEALTHY!
Which is why this eggplant parmesan with zucchini dish is so fantastic. It’s vegetable packed, light on the back for you stuff (is it really bad for you though? It tastes so good so maybe it’s just… not as good for you. We’ll go with that!) and it’s super light. And for me, that’s key. Nathan loves Italian. Much to his dismay, I do not. I cannot stand heavy meals. I love to eat, but I just cannot stomach the meals that leave me feeling like I’m Violet from Willy Wonka. And a lot of Italian food that I like feels that way.
But not this dish.
Not even a slight resemblance to heaviness unless you count how much eggplant I’d pile on my plate.
I think a lot of that is due to the noodles though. We spiralized zucchini with our KitchenAid Spiralizer. (Side note from the recipe: the spiralizer is also super amazing. It’s so flippin’ easy to spiralize everything. And I’m convinced that it makes everything taste better. If you don’t own a KitchenAid or want something that’s a little more inexpensive, we had a manual vegetable spiralizer that worked pretty well until we upgraded!)
- 1 Medium to Large Eggplant
- 3 Eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 Cups of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2-3 Medium Zucchinis
- 3-4 Cups Marinara Sauce more if desired
- Parmesan Cheese optional
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow dish. Combine the garlic salt and breadcrumbs in a separate shallow dish.
- Slice eggplant to approximately 1/8" slices. Coat the eggplant in the eggs and then cover in the breadcrumbs.
- Place in the pan and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until each side has started to lightly brown. Repeat with all slices.
- While cooking the the eggplant, spiralize the zucchini according to the machine's instructions.
- Boil enough water to cover the zucchini noodles and drop them in. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Serve the eggplant slices on top of the zucchini noodles, top with sauce and parmesan cheese if desired.
See? SO easy! And if I haven’t convinced you to indulge in this vegetable heavy dish on taste alone, eggplants are crazy good for you! Fiber and vitamin packed, they’re also great for cardiovascular health and filled with antioxidant compounds. Good tasting food that is good for you = double win!
But now I want to see your healthy DIYs or recipes!