This page may contain affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission from your purchases, at no additional cost to you. For my full disclosure policy, click here, or learn how to start your own blog!
Want to personalize your gift even more this holiday season? These engraved wood gift tags are the perfect option! Your gift recipient is sure to love it! I was provided a portion of these products free of charge by Oriental Trading. No other type of compensation was received for this review. This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the products listed in this post.
We’re all about handmade gifts or green gifts around here and whenever I can, I like to make the wrapping a little bit more unique to match the gift inside as well. Sometimes it’s kraft paper that is written on or drawn on. Sometimes it’s a map that’s used to wrap a small gift. But this year, I’m stepping it up a notch with personalized, engraved wood gift tags.
Not only are they super easy, but they are the perfect way to write a short message to your loved one that they can hang on their own tree. I love the outdoorsy feel that it brings to the gifts, too.
- Drill a hole through the top where the ribbon will go through with the Dremel and the drill bit at the 20 speed.
- Write your message as if you would on any other tag, with to and/or from. For cursive writing, use a faster speed (28 speed.) For print writing, use a slower speed (0-15 speed.)
- On the opposite side, write a your holiday message like Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays.
- Cut the ribbon as long as you’d like to slip it through the hole and the bell, but make sure you cut a long slant at the end. This long cut makes it easy to stick the ribbon through the hole and the bell without fraying the ribbon or getting it stuck.
- Once the ribbon is through the bell and tag, tie the ribbon in a bowl and affix to your present!
I am SO excited to make these for our friends and family this year (and probably all through the upcoming year for other holidays!) They’re so versatile! If you feel like skipping the to/from all together to make it more of an ornament, you can still make sure your presents are easily marked since you’ll have the coolest gift tags obviously. It also prevents you from having to affix the gift labels to bags or boxes so they can actually be reused.
What’s better than being green and being even more unique with your gift?!
If you make these for your loved ones, I’d love to see how they turn out!