This page may contain affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission from your purchases, at no additional cost to you. For my full disclosure policy, click here, or learn how to start your own blog!
This garlic cheese biscuit recipe is made from scratch and SO easy to make! In about 30 minutes, you can whip up these restaurant style biscuits!
I think we’ve finally had our last snowstorm and it’s made way for some Spring showers. That’s meant some cold, dark and dreary days around here which always leaves me in the mood for comfort food. And for me? That pretty much screams carbs.
And other than macaroni and cheese, biscuits (or a nice bread like this Irish Soda Bread) are usually my carb of choice. I’m a sucker for pretty much any kind of bread or biscuit, but my absolute favorite flavor has to be garlic cheese. So this garlic cheese biscuit recipe has been a must-have in our house over the past week or so! YUM!
After we made these easy garlic cheese biscuits the other day, I was in heaven every time we’d go in and out of the house. It was a subtle scent, but mmm – SO good! It probably made me eat these way quicker than I should have. I just blame it on eating for two ;)
garlic cheese biscuit recipe
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tsp Minced Garlic
- Preheat the oven to 425F and generously grease a 11" cast iron pan.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Add in the minced garlic, cheese, and whipping cream. Combine until it forms the dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface and then roll out to 3/8" thick.
- Using a pint-sized mason jar lid, cut out circles from the dough and place in the cast iron pan.
- Re-roll out the dough as necessary until you get 14 biscuits.
- Place the cast iron pan in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and serve.
If you find your dough isn't sticky enough before you knead it, add in an extra tsp of heavy cream.
And this week’s Maker’s Mix-Up theme is Cream! This was such a different way to use heavy whipping cream for us and it was such a fun challenge! I can’t wait to see what cream colored or flavored projects and recipes you have for us!
Get Jessica’s delicious recipe for Strawberry Cream Cheese Roll-Ups, too!
are you a fan of garlic cheese biscuits? what is your go-to comfort food?