This page may contain affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission from your purchases, at no additional cost to you. For my full disclosure policy, click here, or learn how to start your own blog!
I absolutely LOVE sweet potatoes. I didn't realize it until a few years ago for some reason, but I have most definitely been making up lost time since. My newest addition to my “sweet potato recipes I love” mix? This Marshmallow Sweet Potato Skins recipe!
I love how easy they are to make. They are pretty much exactly like normal potato skins, but with a different (and more delicious, in my opinion) filling. One of our favorite times to enjoy them is over game nights, paired with regular potato skins. There's no such thing as too much potato in this household and since these have just the perfect amount of sweetness to them, the regular potato skins work as the main dish while this one is great for finishing off the meal!
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Canola Oil
- Rinse and dry the sweet potatoes.
- Brush the outside of the potatoes with the oil and bake them at 400 F for 1 hour.
- Let them cool until they are cool enough to handle. Slice in half, length-wise, and scoop out the inside. Leave about 1/4" of the sweet potato on the skin.
- Brush the inside and outside with the oil and bake upside down on 450 F for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Fill the sweet potato halves with the marshmallows and sprinkle the brown sugar over them. Broil for 2 minutes, or until the marshmallows start to brown.
- Serve hot
This Marshmallow Sweet Potato Skin recipe is definitely being added to our Thanksgiving football food menu this year, but I love them enough to eat them year round. What are your favorite sweet potato recipes?