This page may contain affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission from your purchases, at no additional cost to you. For my full disclosure policy, click here, or learn how to start your own blog!
This post is sponsored by Crystal Farms Cheese® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. If you’re looking for a simple kid snack that’s engaging and fun for children, these cheese puzzles can’t be missed! We’re big fans of playing with our food in our house. It may be a little unconventional since you’ll rarely hear the words “don’t play with your food!” in our house, but there’s actually a substantial benefit to it. While Lily can be a little difficult to feed some days since she’d much rather play than focus on what she wants to eat, she’s not a picky eater. And I like to think it’s partially because we’ve encouraged her to play with her food. She gets to familiarize herself with it and then decide when to try it. The benefit of that is that she very rarely declines
Cheese Puzzle Ingredients
- Block Cheese
- Cookie Cutter (metal ones work a little better than plastic ones, but both will do the trick!)
- Cheese Slicer
- Fruits, nuts, crackers, etc for pairing (optional)
Cheese Puzzle Steps
- Slice the cheese. Try to keep it thick enough that it will hold
it’s shapewhen it’s picked up.
- Place the cheese slices together on a plate so that they’re big enough to cover your cookie cutter.
- Press the cookie cutter down into the cheese and make sure you hit the plate so it’s cut all the way through.
- Remove the cookie cutter, mix up the inner pieces and serve to your kids in a variety of ways:
- Serve it without the cookie cutter, making them have to guess what the object is.
- Serve it with the cookie cutter so they can have the shape idea in mind when putting it back together.
- Keep the outside cheese (so not the stuff inside the cookie cutter) on the plate and let them try to fit the cheese puzzle pieces in the outside cheese slices.
- Serve it with the cookie cutter on the plate and let them place the cheese puzzle pieces inside the cookie cutter.
- Offer them the cookie cutters and let them cut out the shapes, put the pieces together, etc.