This page may contain affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission from your purchases, at no additional cost to you. For my full disclosure policy, click here, or learn how to start your own blog!
Need some St. Patrick’s Day candy? You’ve got to make this St. Patrick’s Day Bark recipe! It’s a fun, festive cookie dough bark that tastes delicious!
Happy Thursday! It’s another Maker’s Mix-Up post and this week’s theme is GREEN! And I thought there was no better way to celebrate than with something that’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
But first, I have a small confession to make. One of the things I’ve missed the most during my pregnancy is licking the spatula when we make cookies or brownies. And eating raw cookie dough. I know, I know. It’s a big no-no whether you’re pregnant or not, but it tastes SO good. (And I’ve never gotten sick which is probably not the best mentality to have, but still.) Regardless of my love for this batter, I’ve been good about it since I didn’t want to risk it with the baby.
So this St. Patrick’s Day Bark recipe? Pure bliss. No unhealthy temptations. Delicious taste + no risks, other than wanting to eat the whole thing in one sitting.
We actually normally don’t really do anything for St. Patrick’s Day, but this year is special! We’ll actually be getting our 20 week ultrasound on St. Patrick’s Day and touring the birthing suites at the hospital so I felt like it was a pretty good day to celebrate. And this white chocolate cookie dough bark is a delicious way to celebrate.
One of the things I love the most about this cookie dough bark recipe is how quick it is. No baking and just a little refrigeration time after you mix everything together – SO easy! And it’s the perfect St. Patrick’s Day candy covered treat to make and package up for your friends and family to enjoy.
Well, that’s if you have any left to share ;)
St. Patrick’s Day Bark Recipe
- 1 Package Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 Stick Butter salted + room temperature
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Green Food Coloring
- 4 Cups White Chocolate Melts divided
- Assorted Green Candies and Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the food coloring and water.
- With a mixer, beat together the sugar cookie mix, butter, and the water/food coloring mixture. Beat until well mixed.
- Microwave 2 cups of the white chocolate melts according to the directions on the package.
- Use a spatula to spread the chocolate out (just don't make it too thin!)
- Carefully add the cookie dough to the melted chocolate so you have a layer that is about 1⁄4" thick. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Add a second layer of cookie dough so that you have about 1⁄2" thickness.
- Microwave the remaining white chocolate melts according to the directions on the package. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate over the top of the cookie dough.
- Working quickly, top with candies and sprinkles.
- Return to the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Use a knife to cut the cookie dough bark into pieces. Serve chilled.
Shop This Recipe
Want to easily grab some of the main ingredients for this St. Patrick’s Day Bark recipe? Check out the products below!
I’d love to know: what are your favorite St. Patrick’s Day treats?
And if you’re joining in the fun for this week’s Maker’s Mix-Up, be sure to share all of your green recipes + DIYs! Be sure to check out the upcoming themes for this month, too. We’d love to have you link-up with us!
You might also enjoy:
- White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha Truffles
- Hazelnut Vanilla Frosted Sugar Cookies
- No Bake Marshmallow Bird Nests