This page may contain affiliate links. This means I earn a small commission from your purchases, at no additional cost to you. For my full disclosure policy, click here, or learn how to start your own blog!
Tailgating season is upon us! Bring on Sundays filled with football, snacks galore, and family fun. If you’re in need of the ultimate tailgating party ideas, you’ve come to the right place!
Tailgate parties are some of my favorite parts of fall. They’re laid back and a ton of fun while still being super easy to set up. That’s my kind of party! Plus, you can easily step it up a notch with these ultimate tailgating party ideas.
Make your own invitations for the ultimate tailgating party! These football invitations would make the perfect invite.
Choose Special Decor
Decorate the entire table and choose decor for your favorite football team. This could include paper plates, napkins, cups, and more. Or just get this football game day party pack for 16 people. You could even make this mason jar football for holding utensils and other things.
Need games to entertain the whole family? Try one of these for outdoor fun:
- Football Toss: Throw a football through a hoop, tire or basket. For adults, have it be a moving target. Or use this toss game net.
- Football Relay: Hold a relay race between guests to see who can reach the finish line the fastest.
- Football Obstacle Course: For younger children, have them do simple exercises (jumping jacks, throwing a football, running, etc) For adults and older kids, design an obstacle course. Encourage them to do football practice moves throughout the entire course.
- Inflatable Football Target Set
If you’re looking to play indoors, try one of these:
- Hook and Ring Toss Football
- Play Football Bingo
- Teach younger ones about football with these Football Flash Cards
- NFL Rush Zone Game
- Finger Flick Football Game
Food and Snacks
These wouldn’t be the ultimate tailgating party ideas without the food, right?
Making drinks? You NEED this football ice mold. Sending food home with people? Use these football treat boxes. Offering appetizers like meats or cheese? Try these football party picks or serve them on this football cutting board.
Not sure about the menu? Try these tailgating party friendly food options:
- Delicious & Easy Black Bean Dip
- Easy Three Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip
- Simple Slow Cooker Bean Dip
- Fresh Spinach Dip with Seasoned Pita Chips
- Peach Mango Salsa with Star Chips
- Fresh and Zesty Guacamole Recipe
- Avocado, Corn and Black Bean Taquitos
- Loaded Sweet Potato Fries: Southwestern Style
- Autumn Harvest Snack Mix Recipe
- Southwestern Bean Salad Recipe
- Easy Three Ingredient Cucumber Chips
- The Best Spicy Black Bean Burger Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
- Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Slow Cooker Black Bean and Vegetable Soup
- 27 Vegetable Main Dishes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip Recipe
- Strawberry Fruit Dip with Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
- Easy Cranberry Cheesecake Dip
- Homemade Apple Chips with Caramel Sauce
- Blueberry Peach Turnovers Recipe
- Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pies
- Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- Chocolate Creamsicle Bars
Use The Right Gear
Go simple with an easy folding table or get more advanced with this super fun tailgating table. These oversized chairs also have coolers built into them for keeping your beverages cold. For foods and extra beverages, don’t get a cheap cooler – invest in a nicer cooler so everything actually stays cold. (Plus, coolers can double as an extra seat!)
There’s plenty of options for tailgating decor and gear so you’ll never run out of ideas.
Any additions to these ultimate tailgating party ideas? What do you enjoy the most about tailgating?